COVID-19 UPDATED VERSION
Our cancellation Policy is outlined below. Please read the entire policy carefully and don't hesitate to Contact Us if you have any questions that are not answered here.
Any student who does not inform the front office that they will be missing a session prior to its start time is considered a no-show. Refunds/reschedules will not be given for no-shows unless the student emails the office with details about their reason for missing the session. This will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Cancellation for COVID-Related Reasons
Any cancellation associated with COVID-19 will require that the student take a ten-day pause before resuming classes.
- Any student who is feeling unwell can cancel up to the start time of the session and receive a refund or reschedule credit for their spot in the session.
- Any student who is positive or presumed positive for COVID-19 can cancel up to the start time of the session and receive a refund or reschedule credit for their spot in the session.
- Any student who has had recent person-to-person contact with someone (a) exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or (b) diagnosed with COVID-19 can cancel up to the start time of the session and receive a refund or reschedule credit for their spot in the session.
- Any student who becomes uncomfortable with their COVID-19 exposure (they can no longer risk exposure at TSNY, they have had to increase risk of exposure in another area of life and do not wish to bring that risk to TSNY, they signed up for a workshop and decide that they aren't comfortable with that after all, etc.) may cancel up to the start time of the session and receive a refund or reschedule credit(s). Once a workshop series has begun, we will move the balance for any remaining weeks to a Gift Certificate that never expires. Refunds will not be issued for partially completed workshops.
Cancellation for Other Reasons
A student who misses a session for non-health reasons (travel, scheduling conflicts, logistical difficulties) will not receive a refund or reschedule credit unless they contact the office to cancel within the time limits specified below OR their spot is filled by another student as specified below.
Regular Sessions (aka "Drop-in Sessions")
Most of our sessions will fall under this category. Flying trapeze, Silks, Static Trapeze, Trampoline and other Aerial sessions are all part of this designation.
With 72 Hours' Notice
• You may reschedule or receive a full refund.
Less than 72 Hours' Notice
• No refund, no rescheduling, unless we are able to sell your spot(s) to other students, in which case you will be refunded based on the spots resold.
Entire Session and Private Lessons
This applies to sessions, events, and parties where all the spaces are purchased by one individual or group.
3 Weeks' Notice
• Full refund.
Between 3 Weeks and 7 Days
• 50% refund.
Less Than 7 Days
• No refund.
Workshops, Full-Day and Half-Day Programs
This policy applies to any of our workshops and our full- and half-day Circus Experience for Kids. This includes IFWs, mini IFWs, IAWs and any other workshop we may offer in the future. A workshop generally consists of 4-10 sessions and will always be listed as "workshop" on the schedule. The full- and half-day Circus Experiences for Kids are generally held on school holidays.
• No refunds unless we are able to sell the spots to another student for the length of the program (e.g., all sessions of a workshop).
Camps typically run as week-long full-day or half-day sessions during school breaks, and pre-registration is highly recommended. Space is limited and our cancellation policies are strict to ensure the best experience for each student.
30 Days'; Notice
• Full refund.
Between 29 Days and 7 Days
• 50% refund.
Less Than 7 Days
• No refund unless we are able to sell your spot to another student.
It has been our experience that nobody wants their session cancelled, so we will always do our best to run sessions and workshops whenever possible. There are times however, when weather or other circumstances beyond our control may require us to cancel or reschedule your session. In these instances please remember we will always have our students best interest in mind. As there are numerous factors that go into cancelling a session, we will post session status updates at most two-hours prior to a session start time. We encourage our students to review the Daily Update section of our homepage where information regarding session status can be when the weather appears to be questionable. You are also encouraged to contact our front office to speak with an associate who will be able to assist you further and answer any questions you may have. Since dealing with question weather conditions is not an easy task, we ask that our students be patient with us while we decide whether or not to cancel a session.
If We Cancel
Trapeze School New York will always do our best to run sessions or workshops whenever possible. There are times however, when weather or other circumstances beyond our control cause us to end a session early, cancel, or reschedule. In these circumstances, please remember we will always have our students’ best interest in mind.
REGULAR SESSIONS (aka "DROP-IN SESSIONS")
- Full refund if we cancel the session entirely or within the first half.
- 50% refund if we cancel the session during the third quarter.
- No refund if we cancel the session during the final quarter.